I am very happy with this work, because I think it marks a milestone in my progress.
Maybe not a milestone in my photography, but certainly a milestone in my editing and photographic artwork in general. Usually, when I edit my photos, it'll only take me 30 minutes at maximum to edit it. However, I edited this one over two days - a good several hours total work. So, since I'm really happy with this piece of work, I've got progress photos!
From the original photo
, you can see a lot of difference.
Probably the most noticeable thing is that the image was originally portrait - I wanted to make this square; and to do so I had to squish the image and crop it. Luckily, you can't really tell it's been squished until you see the original. I also removed some of the original elements; the most noticeable of these are the plants and items in the bottom right corner, and the hole in the roof above the door. There are some other things too, but they we're pretty minor. This part took me a while, because I needed it to look convincing. Here is another progress shot
- this was after I removed the elements from the bottom-right corner. Lastly, I edited the colours and used some textures to make it look a little more interesting. And this is my final result! Hope you like it. Textures:
Pigeon Wings by ~darkwood67
texture-239 by ~laflaneuse